Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall

So, yesterday we had both an earthquake and a storm. Talk about adventure in the suburbia. Our house shook for a moment, but it wasn't too bad. It is kind of scary how much we have grown accustomed to the quakes in this area. When I first moved here, I was too afraid to leave the bed after an earthquake. Now I just shake my shoulders and say: "It wasn't bigger than a 4." Can you imagine a world where we just get used to things like that happen? I guess we are kind of already there in a way. We all talk about the earthquakes and the storms like they are big things, but we also tend to forget about them as soon as they have passed...


When the first storm of the season arrives, it usually marks the beginning of fall. Just last week we had 80 degrees plus, then the storm came and brought down the temperature. Now it is up again to around 70's or so. Not too shabby for mid October, if I may say so. But fall is definitely here, and I can tell that Emma really likes this kind of weather. She has the biggest smile on her face when we are outside, and she keeps talking to the wind, as if "they" are big friends already. I have a Halloween outfit picked out for her, she is going to be a Disney princess (so cute), and we've already made plans to go over to our play date friend's house and spend Halloween there. I am not really sure how you go trick or treating with a 10 month old, but I am sure it will be fun. The adults will probably bake cute Halloween cookies and make some traditional Holiday feast. Either way, it will be fun because it will be Emma's first, and I can't wait to see her in her dress.

This year has been so many firsts that I get overwhelmed sometimes. It is so exciting to see her grow and develop in all her areas. Her newest thing she has learned is to give kisses. If I ask her if mommy can have a kiss, she leans towards me with an open mouth and kiss me on my lips. Soooo adorable. She hasn't quite got the part where she is supposed to close her mouth before the kiss, but she will get there eventually :0). She is just the cutest in the way she is giving a way kisses from left to right these days. It is memories like this you want to keep inside forever...


Both my husband and I felt we needed to get out of the house after work today, and what better place to go to when it is cold outside and rain is hanging in the air than Starbucks? It felt great to be outside and feel the cool breeze and then snuggle up inside your favorite coffee place. Emma had her Cheerios and we had our lattes. Life felt pretty complete, I must say. When we got back home, we turned on the TV to Comedy Wednesday, lit the fireplace, and spend the rest of the evening laughing.

Here's a picture of my little princess in her favorite summer dress last week. I guess it was the last time she will ever wear it, so I wanted to make the memory last. Isn't she super cute?


Hope you guys are enjoying fall as well.

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Söta underbara Emma!!! Ljuvlig bild och härligt med hennes pussande...:-) Kände igen mig så med det där om skalven... samma sak i Chile... sjukt som man vänjer sig. Var oxå livrädd i början och sen, tja, som du beskriver det... blev lite nostaligsk när jag läste om "höstfika" på Starbucks.. .finns ju inte här och har många härliga minnen just därifrån i Chile... well.. time for a talk sweetie!!! Need to catch up on everything...;-) Ska vi prova i helgen kanske?? I morgon kommer Sara hit och käkar med oss!!! Stor kram!!!

    ReplyDelete