Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween

It's Halloween on Saturday, and it will be Emma's first Halloween. I have been searching high and low for the perfect Halloween costume for her, but I haven't been able to find the "right" one. There are a million to choose from, and to be honest, most of them are cute and adorable. Especially for girls you can find tons of princess outfits and characters from Disney movies. And I did buy a princess one first. It was pink and cute and all that. And somehow it didn't feel like Emma. I thought I wanted to dress her up as a princess, but now that I have the outfit I don't like it anymore.

So, yesterday I went to Target in search for something for her to wear on Saturday. To my surprise, they had a lot of costumes left. Both for adults as well as children. Right away my eyes fell on this adorable red and black lady bug costume. It was simply the cutest thing I have ever seen. It was a black dress with a red and black doted skirt. It came with wings and a head band and I just knew right away that I had to buy it. This was Emma for sure.

When I finally got home after lots of shopping (of course, while at Target you can't settle for just one thing and be on your way. There is always something else you really need...), I tried the lady bug costume on. It was for toddles from 12 months to 18 months so I thought it would fit. It just barely fit, and either Emma is a very big baby or they make these costumes for very small children. Either way, I need to get her a bigger size. So, it's back to Target today. Hopefully I will be able to stay on my mission and not get sidetracked with all the other things calling my name down the isles...

I'll post pictures of Emma later in her costume. I really hope that they have a larger size for her. And I hope we will have great weather on Saturday too. I would hate to have to cancel due to rain or bad weather. If we do have bad weather, we can always stay inside and just have fun at the house. I means there will be lots of adults too, and the kids can play while the parents hang out. It will be good. I am so curious to see how Emma does on her first Halloween. This is what I love about being mom and having a family. All these firsts and seconds and thirds with Emma that allow me to enjoy everyday of her life because there is always something going on. Something new to witness and take part of. Soon enough she will start walking, then it's preschool, regular school, dance shows, soccer practice, horse back riding, and everything else she will do. It will be amazing, and I can't wait. I really think this is what life is all about - having a family that makes you complete. Yep, I am happy. Life is good on this side of the world...:0)

No comments:

Post a Comment